The sign reads: “Amsterdam Airport Schiphol welcomes all Hadj.” Muslim pilgrims returning from Mecca are warmly welcomed by the main Dutch airport. It’s difficult to understand the reasoning behind this initiative. I’ve never seen pilgrims returning from Lourdes, Santiago de Compostella, the Vatican or Jerusalem, or from any other religious holy site, being welcomed in the same manner. Why is the airport administration so keen on celebrating the Hadj?
Latest posts by Dennis P. Petri (see all)
- Waarom afwijkende meningen niet worden getolereerd - October 23, 2017
- Invitación al Foro Economía, Diplomacia e Integridad 2017 - August 21, 2017
- De beste verhalen - July 24, 2017
- Costa Rica independiente y nosotros libres - July 17, 2017
- Freedom of religious expression - July 10, 2017