So two lesbian women were caught kissing in a Thalys train…
This may sound like the beginning of a bad joke, but it really happened!
The Thalys train manager, after telling them to stop, sermoned the couple for over 15 minutes, saying their behavior was inappropriate. He also appeared to have said that only heterosexual couples are allowed to kiss in the train.
Is this story funny?
Yes, it is. Very much so.
Was this incident “homophobia”?
No! It’s just funny.
Well, the lesbian couple didn’t think it was funny. They certainly didn’t take the incident lightly, to say the least. They were furious and filed a complaint to Thalys, alleging they had been victims of “homophobia.” Probably too afraid of a scandal (or worse, a lawsuit for “discrimination” or “hate speech”), Thalys didn’t take any risks. The train manager was suspended immediately.
We could debate political views on gay rights or gay marriage (Dolce & Gabbana have clear opinions about this!). We could discuss public decency and whether kissing in public is appropriate (by the way, there are very discrete forms of kissing in the train, and much less discrete forms…). But let’s leave those debates aside for now and look at the authoritarian attitude of gay rights activists that is revealed by this incident.
By calling even minor incidents like this “homophobia”, gay rights activists effectively bully all spheres of society. They won’t tolerate any contradiction, hence the qualification “secular intolerance.” Any opposition, no matter how futile, will be followed by accusations of this nature. With their mouth full of “human rights”, “non-discrimination” and “pluralism”, gay rights activists don’t always behave in a democratic way…
More examples of secular intolerance from The Analytical here:
- Ireland: Secular intolerance as persecution engine unleashed?
- United Kingdom: Judge in Northern Ireland convicts bakery for discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation
- Germany: Keep an eye on the position of the Catholic Church regarding Christian family life
Latest posts by Dennis P. Petri (see all)
- Waarom afwijkende meningen niet worden getolereerd - October 23, 2017
- Invitación al Foro Economía, Diplomacia e Integridad 2017 - August 21, 2017
- De beste verhalen - July 24, 2017
- Costa Rica independiente y nosotros libres - July 17, 2017
- Freedom of religious expression - July 10, 2017