This paper, which is part of a larger research, analyzes the legislative performance in the Parliaments of Nicaragua and Costa Rica, by studying legislative productivity and the effectiveness of parliamentary control, the formal and informal incentives that determine the exercise of the parliamentary opposition and their relations with the Executive Power. This research will therefore analyze the function and the real capacity of control, which should be understood in two fundamental dimensions: a) political-parliamentary control and b) legislative control, both cases in their formal and informal aspects. The different determinants of legislative performance will be analyzed: the a) parliamentary arithmetic, b) political-institutional performance of parliamentary minorities and c) the rights of parliamentary minorities.
Latest posts by Dennis P. Petri (see all)
- Waarom afwijkende meningen niet worden getolereerd - October 23, 2017
- Invitación al Foro Economía, Diplomacia e Integridad 2017 - August 21, 2017
- De beste verhalen - July 24, 2017
- Costa Rica independiente y nosotros libres - July 17, 2017
- Freedom of religious expression - July 10, 2017